Paediatric Physiotherapy Centre has a large focus on Neurology and Child development. Mary-Anne Xenitelis, Senior Physiotherapist and Director is an NDIS and Betterstart provider for those children who have funding under these programs.
The practice rooms are colourful and have toys and equipment to keep your child relaxed, entertained and co-operative. Therapies for the young child are play based, which is dependent on age and condition. One room is designed for babies and young children.
OUR Aim is to provide quality physiotherapy that improves your child’s physical development and function.
A rehabilitation room is fully equipped focusing on the older child with a neurological disability or gross motor developmental issues. This room is also designed for children who are highly distractable and need to focus on the task at hand.
Out reach services can be arranged for an additional travel fee. The physiotherapist can see your child at home, school or pre-school if in the Inner North West region of Melbourne.
OUR EXPERIENCED PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
Aim is to provide quality physiotherapy that improves your child’s physical development and function.
- Yooralla special school and kindergarten,
- Scope Children’s Services,
- Public and Private schools,
- Special schools and the R.S.M.H- Alfred Group of Hospitals.
- I also managed theCommonwealth Rehabilitation Service- Acquired Brain Injury team and prior to that work in the team as a neurological physiotherapist.
- I have been contracted to prepare medico- legal reports and I have presented in the Supreme Court as an expert witness.
- I have worked as a physiotherapist for 30 years.
Professional Highlights :
- Awarded the Worldwide Who’s Who, “Professional Of The Year 2016-2017
- Awarded the Felice Rosemary Lloyd Trust Fund Scholarship to study the Bobath course in London.
- 3AW Radio Station, Interview with Paul Barber on the “In Profile” half hour segment on Acquired Brain Injury issues.
- Presented with the “Service Delivery, Research and Technical Innovation” award at the National Press Club, Canberra.
Courses completed :
- Bobath Neuro -Developmental course – The Specialised treatment of cerebral palsy and allied neurological conditions. – London
- Lower Limb Biomechanics.
- Hydrotherapy in Paediatrics – Halliwick method.
- Conductive Education Workshop.
- Courses pertaining to Gait Analysis.
- Dr Edward DeBono, “The Master of Creative Thinking.”
• Neurological rehabilitation
• Orthopaedic rehabilitation
• Musculoskeletal rehabilitation
• Gait analysis and re-training
• Developmental delay
• Neonatal developmental assessment
• Positional and fixed Talipes
• Post-operative rehabilitation
• Sickle cell
• Chemotherapy-induced peripheral neuropathy
• Rehabilitation post paediatric chemotherapy
Nurlan has experience in customer service, general administration and reception duties in the local government sector.
She has recently completed a course in customer service and reception enhancement. She has extensive knowledge and experience of disability and ABI and understands the protocols of our hospital systems. She is enthusiastic and enjoys interacting with adults and children alike. Nurlan is currently in training to take on the role of accounts processing.
Nurlan is married and has 2 children in secondary college.